Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Cheese Fries
For the fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped*
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fry shapes. Toss in olive oil and spices. Spread out on a cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Flip and bake for an addition 20 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, drain and rinse black beans and chop the onion, jalapeno, and tomatoes. Add the beans and chopped veggies to a small bowl. Season with the juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp chili powder, and crushed garlic clove.
- When the fries come out of the oven, top with the veggie mix and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with avocado and fresh cilantro if desired.
omit jalapeno, cilantro, and avocado if desired
- Category: vegetarian
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 large dinner portions or 4 side dishes