Healthy loaded sweet potato fries turn sweet potato fries into the perfect vegetarian dinner, shareable snack or appetizer. With all the bold southwest flavors of nachos, these cheese fries are sure to please.
For the fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the toppings
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped*
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fry shapes. Toss in olive oil and spices. Spread out on a cookie sheet covered with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Flip and bake for an addition 20 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, drain and rinse black beans and chop the onion, jalapeno, and tomatoes. Add the beans and chopped veggies to a small bowl. Season with the juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp chili powder, and crushed garlic clove.
- When the fries come out of the oven, top with the veggie mix and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with avocado and fresh cilantro if desired.
omit jalapeno, cilantro, and avocado if desired
- Category: vegetarian
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 large dinner portions or 4 side dishes
Keywords: sweet potato fries, sweet potato nachos, vegetarian nachos, what to serve with sweet potato fries