Beer Cheese Queso
Is there anything better than queso? The answer is heck yes! Beer cheese queso! Obv.
Our house has been really obsessed with beer cheese since we first put it on Philly Cheesesteak sliders back over the winter. Since then it has appeared in my beer cheese mac n cheese and on my eggs as a morning surprise once. BTWs, though the eggs and beer cheese aren’t on the blog they were really amazing. Like could eat it every morning for the rest of my life.
And now? Beer cheese queso! Which is was less weird than beer cheese on eggs but so very yummy.
Really, I know I say this a lot but it’s so amazingly good.
Like good to the point that I stood in my kitchen at a ridiculously late hour the night we made this dipping chips into the cold leftovers and I couldn’t get enough. I want to put this on everything and eat it all the time. ALL THE TIME.
It’s one of those things that so easy to make too. The cook time on it is less than 10 minutes and the prep time is minimal aside from doing a quick dice on some red onions and some jalapenos. You get them to sweat.
Then add a bottle of beer. Here we used Corona to give it a Cinco de Mayo, Mexican vibe. But use what you like. I’d go with a lighter beer over a dark lager but whatever floats your boat.
Get the beer to bubble and then stir in all that beautiful cheese. We used a mix of Jack and sharp cheddar. And feel free to use the shredded cheese in bags for this. It melts quickly and saves you the trouble of grating your own.
Then when the cheese is melted, you can garnish with a little fresh salsa and sliced jalapenos. A touch of cilantro is super good too. And then dunk away. But be prepared to be totally addicted to this goodness.
Because beer cheese queso. OMG.
Looking for other really cheesy dip recipes? Try these:
- Caramelized Onion Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheesy Baked Crab Dip
- Chipotle Pumpkin Cheese Dip
Yields 1 skillet of cheese dip, serves 4-6
Serves it depends on how many chips you can eat
Queso gets even more delicious when it's beer cheese queso. This easy dip recipe is the perfect snack or appetizer for tailgating, entertaining, or Cinco de Mayo.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 tbs olive oil
- half a red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbs chili
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 12 ounces of beer
- Cilantro and fresh salsa to garnish if desired
- Heat olive oil over a small to medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is warm, add chopped onion, jalapeno, garlic, and seasonings. Cook, stirring frequently, until veggies soften- about 3-5 minutes. Add the beer and then stir in the cheese. Continue to stir until cheese melts and bubbles about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and fresh salsa if desired. Serve hot with chips.
Omit the jalapeno if you don't like things spicy.