Puff Pastry Caprese Cups make the perfect appetizer for summer soirees.
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces of miniature fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 leaves of fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Thaw the Puff Pastry Sheets on the counter until pliable and easy to work with. When the dough is thawed, cut it into strips along the fold lines. Fold each strip into thirds to make squares. Cut along the fold lines to make the squares. You should wind up with 18 squares in the package.
- To make the cups, gently squeeze the two parallel sides of the square to pinch the opposite sides towards the middle. Repeat on the other side. Place each square into a mini muffin tin. Leave every other space in the muffin tin empty to account for the dough rising.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool. If the middles of the cups have puffed up too much, gently press down with a spoon to make room for the filling.
- While the dough is baking, chop the tomatoes and mozzarella balls into very small pieces. Combine in a small bowl with the basil ribbons, pressed clove of garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper. Fill each Puff Pastry cup with a spoonful of the salad. Drizzle balsamic reduction to taste on each cup.
To make the balsamic reduction
- Whisk together a half cup of balsamic dressing and a tablespoon of honey. Heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until it slowly simmers and reduces by half (about 10 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 18