Just because it’s unofficially summer doesn’t mean pasta is off the menu. Nope, it just means instead of heavier comforting pastas like Crock Pot Bolognese, I’m reaching for light pasta dishes like this Lemon Spinach Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes.
This is one of those perfect pasta dishes that feels fancy but is really not. Though, you could always fancy it up more for a date night at home on the patio and add some grilled shrimp to the mix or serve it for company with these Puff Pastry Caprese Cups as your appetizers. But as is with just the veggies and the light lemon white wine sauce, it is perfect. Summer on a plate with its fresh lemon flavors and bites of sweetness from the sun dried tomatoes.
And this is big for me. I like feeling fancy when I am so not fancy. Seriously, I am probably the least fancy person in the world. Have I told you about my obsession with my pajamas? It’s bad. So bad. Other women like cute clothes and shoes and handbags.
I love pajamas. It’s who I am. I own it. And speaking of owning it, I have more than 2 full drawers full of pjs. Which is more than any other article of clothing I have.
However, I can honestly say I am excited for summer when I can wear sundresses. Why? Because sundresses are basically socially acceptable night shirts. For 3 months out of the year its totally fine for me to go out of the house feeling like I am in my jammies without wearing them or yoga pants. Or pants in general. Because pants in general unless they are pajama pants are just not my jam.
So I make up for my un-fancy ways with fancy feeling food. Like this lemon spinach pasta with sun dried tomatoes. I mean honestly, any pasta in white wine sauce, no matter how simple the pasta is just feels fancy. Because you can pour yourself a glass of white wine and enjoy it.
While in your pajamas of course.
Yields 4-6 servings
Serves 4-6 servings
Lemon Spinach Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes is the perfect spring or summer easy dinner. It comes together in under 20 minutes and can be made vegan or gluten free.
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 pound of spaghetti*
- 1 cup of white wine
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese**
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package for al dente noodles.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the lemon juice, garlic, and white wine. Stir consistently for 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked spaghetti and spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Toss in the sauce to coat noodles. Cook for a minute or until the spinach turns bright green and just begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper and stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
*we use gluten free spaghetti **omit Parmesan cheese if vegan