Queso gets even more delicious when it’s beer cheese queso. This easy dip recipe is the perfect snack or appetizer for tailgating, entertaining, or Cinco de Mayo.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- half a red onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbs chili
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
- 12 ounces of beer
- Cilantro and fresh salsa to garnish if desired
- Heat olive oil over a small to medium cast iron skillet over medium heat. When oil is warm, add chopped onion, jalapeno, garlic, and seasonings. Cook, stirring frequently, until veggies soften- about 3-5 minutes. Add the beer and then stir in the cheese. Continue to stir until cheese melts and bubbles about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and fresh salsa if desired. Serve hot with chips.
Omit the jalapeno if you don’t like things spicy.
- Category: dip, appetizer, snack
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
- Serving Size: it depends on how many chips you can eat