Boozy strawberry lemonade slushies are a fun, fruity, frozen cocktail for summer. Creamy strawberries, tart lemonade and shots of limoncello and vodka make this drink one you’ll love to sip on to beat the heat!
Post may contain affiliate links. To read my affiliate policy click here.
Patio season is here!
Ok, kind of. This year, I’m not going anywhere to partake in patio cocktails. However, glass half full here, right? These fun frozen strawberry lemonade slushies are the perfect thing to sip on outside at home whether you’re sitting in your backyard, on your porch or on your own patio. Plus they are super easy to make.
To make this frozen cocktail recipe you need:
- Frozen strawberries – Frozen strawberries add a nice creaminess and strawberry flavor to this frozen treat. If you don’t have strawberries, you could use a berry blend or raspberries instead.
- Lemonade – Use your favorite lemonade. I like to use a low sugar variety because I prefer the tart flavor over an overly sweet one.
- Limoncello – Limoncello is one of my favorite Italian exports. It has a flavor similar to lemonade. Be careful, it can really sneak up on you if you don’t have a high alcohol tolerance.
- Citrus vodka – a lemon flavored or infused vodka adds some yummy extra booze
How to Make
This is literally a one (1) step recipe. You just need to get out your measuring cups, shot glasses (if you have them), and a good blender (I love my Ninja!) and measure out everything.
Here’s how to make these delicious frozen slushies in less than 2 minutes.
Just throw the strawberries in the blender.
Then pour all the liquid over top.
Blend for about 1 to 2 minutes until it forms a smooth, slushy consistency.
That’s it! Pour into your glasses and enjoy your sweet, sweet cocktail.
Tips and Tricks
Though this is already super easy, here are a couple of tips:
- Put the frozen strawberries in first. If you put them in after the liquid, you might splash the liquid out and create a mess. Not that I’ve ever done that or anything…
- Feel free to adjust the amount of lemonade. Less lemonade will make thicker slushies and vice versa.
- Use heaping scoops of strawberries. Better to err on the side of too much strawberries than not enough.
- Use shot glasses if you have them, to measure the booze. Otherwise, you could use a 1/4 cup to measure the booze. You can add more if you want to, but drinker beware! The more you add, the stronger the drink!
I don’t have limoncello. What should I substitute?
No limoncello? No worries. Use all citrus vodka. I do highly recommend getting limoncello for best results though.
Other Frozen Cocktails
Love frozen cocktails? Who doesn’t? They make a great, adult treat on a hot summer day or really any time of year. Here are some of my favorite frozen cocktail recipes:
Or if you like limencello, try these Boozy Arnie Palmers and don’t forget to try your hand at making homemade limoncello, Spiked Lemonade, or Easy Limoncello Spritz Recipe (Limoncello and Prosecco Cocktail)!
Did you make these frozen strawberry lemonade cocktails or one of my other recipes? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it or show me a picture on Facebook or Instagram @seasonedsprinkles.Print
Boozy frozen strawberry lemonade slushies are a fun, fruity cocktail for summer. Creamy strawberries, tart lemonade and shots of limoncello and vodka make this drink one you’ll love to sip on to beat the heat!
- 2 heaping cups of frozen strawberries
- 2.5–3 cups of lemonade
- 2 ounces of limoncello
- 2 ounces citrus vodka
Add the ingredients to to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more lemonade if needed for texture. Pour into sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with lemons and strawberries. Enjoy!
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: boozy strawberry lemonade slushies, frozen strawberry lemonade cocktail