This easy alcoholic lemonade cocktail recipe uses the classic summer drink to make an adult, boozy beverage. You’ll be sipping this spiked lemonade all summer long!
Post may contain affiliate links. As a member of the Amazon affiliate program, I may earn a small commision from qualifying purchases. To read my affiliate policy, click here.
It’s summertime and the livin’s easy.
And so is this alcoholic lemonade cocktail recipe!
There’s no need for lots of fuss to make a spiked lemonade right at home.
Perfect for sipping on your porch, patio, or balcony or out by the pool or sprinkler while you soak up the sunshine.
No shoes required!
Ingredients and Kitchen Supplies
To make this lemonade cocktail recipe you’ll need:
- Lemonade– You could use your favorite lemonade recipe or use your favorite store bought lemonade. I like Simply Lemonade Light, but use your favorite.
- Alcohol– What better alcohol to spike lemonade with than limoncello?
Kitchen supplies you might want on hand include:
- Measuring cups
- Serving glasses– I enjoy this kind of cocktail in these fun handled mason jar glasses but you could use whatever you like glasswise.
How to Make Alcoholic Lemonade
1. Measure out the lemonade limoncello.
Measure out 1 cup of lemonade and 2 ounces of limoncello per person. Either mix it together in a pitcher and pour into glasses or mix in the individual glasses.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Add ice if desired and garnish with lemon slices or mint. Enjoy!
What alcohol goes well with lemonade?
Limoncello is an obvious choice because of the lemon flavor of the liqueur. If you prefer, you could use vodka (plain or lemon) or white rum instead. However, that gives the drink more of a bite than the limoncello.
What kind of alcohol is in spiked lemonade?
In commercially available spiked lemonade, like Simply Spiked, it’s most often vodka. For this homemade alcoholic lemonade, you can control what it’s spiked with and limoncello is the best!
What is spiked lemonade made of?
Lemonade and limoncello (or another alcohol!).
Can I make this ahead of time?
Absolutely. If you are having a party or gathering, you can mix up a pitcher of spiked lemonade. Just don’t add any ice and refrigerate the pitcher until you are ready to serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Want your drinks super cold but not watered down? Freeze lemonade in ice cube trays and use the frozen lemonade ice cubes to chill the drinks.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and mint if you’re feeling fancy.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or halved.
Other Lemonade Cocktail Recipes
- The Best Frozen Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies– An ice cold slushie with lemonade and frozen strawberries
- Boozy Lemonade Slushies– The frozen slushie version of this spiked lemonade
- The Most Refreshing Arnie Palmers Cocktail– Can’t decide between hard iced tea and hard lemonade? Have both with these Arnie Palmer Cocktails!
- Easy Limoncello Spritz Recipe (Limoncello and Prosecco Cocktail)
And for a nonalcoholic treat try this Easy Frozen Strawberry Lemonade!
Did you make this? Let me know!
Did you make this alcoholic lemonade (spiked lemonade) recipe or any other recipe on my site? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. And make sure you follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see everything we’ve got going on.
- 16 ounces (2 cups) of lemonade
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of limoncello
- ice (optional)
- lemon slices (optional)
- fresh mint (optional)
- Add 16 ounces (2 cups) of chilled lemonade to a large pitcher.
- Stir in 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of limoncello.
- Pour into glasses with ice.
- Garnish with mint and lemon slices.
see post for notes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 999Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 234gFiber: 1gSugar: 225gProtein: 2g