Frozen pineapple mimosas are a fun twist on traditional mimosas on a brunch drink. These frozen drinks will make you feel like you’re sipping away from a beach or somewhere really relaxing. Perfect for Mother’s Day brunches or any other occasion where you feel like enjoying some tropical vibes.
I’ve got two awesome things for you today. Not only do I have the yummiest frozen pineapple mimosas that would be perfect to serve at Mother’s Day brunch, but I also have a fantastic giveaway for a KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer.
KitchenAid Give Away
I’ve teamed up with a bunch of other bloggers to give away a KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer. I love my KitchenAid and use it for so many recipes including my fluffy waffles and my no bake chocolate cheesecake. It’s my MVP for baking for sure!
- One winner will get KitchenAid Classic Series Stand Mixer (winner chooses blank or white).
- Open world-wide to readers who are 18+ except where prohibited. If the winner is not from the U.S., they will receive an Amazon gift card in the value of the mixer to order themselves.
- The giveaway runs from 12:01 am on May 1 to 11:59 PM on May 12. All times are in EST.
- Entries are invalid if some spam/bot accounts or social media accounts created specifically for entering this giveaway.
- Full TOS will be listed within the Rafflecopter widget.
And now… the frozen pineapple mimosas.
Who doesn’t love a good mimosa? Orange juice and champagne is a classic combination for any brunch.
But sometimes, I want something a little less classic like when I make blood orange mimosas. And sometimes I want something a little more tropical feeling. Sort of like in Brooklyn 99 when Amy and Jake go on their honeymoon and spend the whole time drinking out of a coconut. When they come home, Jake drinks his coffee out of coconut to keep the tropical feel going.
This pineapple mimosa is that coconut Jake drinks out of when he comes home. It’ll make you feel like you’re having brunch on the beach.
But it works way better than drinking coffee out of a coconut. Just saying.
After all these pineapple mimosas are the best of the drink world. Fizzy wine. Slushy frozen pineapple. A little twist of lime. Yum. Almost like a boozy Dole whip, but not quite.
And they are super easy to make too. I throw slightly thawed frozen pineapple into a blender with some lime juice and blend until it is smooth. Add a cup of wine and blend again until just combined.
Then, pour into glasses and top with more wine. I like to garnish with pineapple wedges and a twist of lime so I can feel fancy.
What wine should I pick for my frozen pineapple mimosas?
Your wine selection is really up to you, pending your personal preference. I personally prefer sweeter sparkling wine like a Moscato, but you can go with a drier sparkling wine if you like dry wines better. A Prosecco would be nice in this drink as well.
Tips for Making the Best Frozen Pineapple Mimosas
- Let the pineapple thaw slightly prior to blending for a smoother blend.
- Choose your favorite sparkling white wine, but don’t feel like you have to pick expensive champagne.
- Top with a little extra bubbly for a little more fizz and sparkle.
Looking for other fruity summer cocktail recipes? Try these:Print
A fun twist on a traditional mimosa, these frozen pineapple mimosas will make you feel like you’re sipping away from a beach.
- 2 cups of white sparkling wine (I used Moscato), plus a little extra to top each drink off
- 2 full cups of slightly thawed frozen pineapple
- the juice of 2 limes
- pineapple wedges and lime slices or wedges to garnish
Add the pineapple and lime juice to a blender. Blend. Add 2 cups of wine and blend more until the pineapple is smooth. Add a bit more wine if desired for consistency. Pour into glasses, filling 3/4 of the way. Add a splash of extra sparkling wine to each glass for added fizz. Garnish with a lime slice and pineapple wedge. Serve immediately.
- Category: drinks, cocktail
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mimosa, mimosas, pineapple mimosas, frozen pineapple mimosa
See what other bloggers are doing for Mother’s Day here!