These peach wine spritzers are the perfect summer cocktail. Light and sweet, this fruity wine cocktail begs you to drink it outside on the patio or sitting on the front porch.
Post may contain affiliate links. To read my affiliate policy click here.
I grew up with my Nana living in our home with us. She was such a special lady.
At 4’11 and a half, she was a tiny ball of spunk who’s height was mainly comprised of teased hair and a quick witted tongue. She was took care of myself and my sister and brother while my parents were at work when we were kids. And let me tell you, even though she was well into her 70s when we were kids, she kept up with us. Now that I am a mom, I know that this was no easy feat. She basically ran our household.
On summer days, she used to corale all three of us and treat us to lunch and play time. She’d play board game after board game with us. Trouble, Pizza Party, and Uno were her favorites. She used to sit in the sunshine with us while we swam in the backyard pool and sip her wine. It was always peach wine.
After I was much older and had moved out, I would go visit home and I’d end up on the front porch, drinking a glass of peach wine with my Nana and my sister. She would tell us about going to the senior center and her “annoying friends” and listen to what was going on in our lives during those porch chats.
So this cocktail is for her- a peach wine spritzer I know she would have loved. Cheers to you Nana.
- Wine– You can’t have a wine spritzer without wine. Go for your favorite sparkling white wine. I prefer sweet wines but pick your favorite.
- Peaches– A fresh, ripe peach works best. Peel it and muddle it.
- Peach schnapps– A little shot of extra liquor and flavor and a lot of throwback to college days.
- Mint– If you want to be a little extra, garnish this peach cocktail with a little fresh mint.
How to Make
Making this cocktail is a snap! Start by peeling the peach and removing the pit. Then, slice the peach and put them into a small bowl. Muddle with the peach schnapps until smoothish. Divide the mix between two glasses. Divide the 2 cups of wine into the two glasses and pour over the schnapps mixture. Garnish with fresh peach slices and mint leaves. Enjoy!
Wait a sec. What’s muddling? How do I muddle anyway?
In the drink world, muddling is just a term for smashing. Normally you will muddle fresh herbs and sometimes fruit. You can use a muddler to smash the herbs and fruit or you can the back of a sturdy wooden spoon.
Tips and Tricks
- Want the drink really smooth? Skip muddling and throw the peach into a blender with the schnapps.
- Use your favorite sparkling white wine.
- Chill the wine prior to making the drink. This is best served cool.
Other Summer Cocktails You Might Love
Looking for other fruity summer cocktails? Try a few of my favorites:
- Peach wine slushies are pretty much the frozen version of these spritzers. Perfect for when it’s really hot!
- Boozy lemonade slushies give lemonade an updated adult twist.
- Frozen pineapple mimosas are the frozen brunch cocktail of summer.
- Boozy Arnie Palmers turn the classic iced tea lemonade combo into a yummy adult drink.
A sparkling peach wine spritzer perfect for summer cocktail hour.
- 1 peach
- 2 ounces of peach schnapps
- 2 cups of sweet sparkling white wine
- mint leaves for garnish
- Peel the peach and remove the pit. Slices the peach and muddle with the peach schnapps until smoothish. Divide the mix between two glasses. Divide the 2 cups of wine into the two glasses and pour over the schnapps mixture. Garnish with fresh peach slices and mint leaves. Enjoy.
- Category: drink
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 drink