Christmas Cranberry Champagne Cocktails
Christmas is all about the sparkle, right? I mean forget all the other stuff like togetherness and peace on earth and all of that. We all know it’s all about the sparkle and glitter.
(I’m kidding. Obviously.)
These Christmas cranberry champagne cocktails are sparkly to the max and the perfect cocktail to sip on while you wrap presents or do what I’m currently doing: watching the snow fall gently outside my window while a fire crackles in the fire place.
Could I be anymore cliche?
The tree is lit, Christmas music is playing on the radio. In a few minutes, gingerbread will be baking in the oven.
I AM A LIVING BREATHING HALLMARK MOVIE. IT’S WONDERFUL.
Ok, I’m done with shouty caps now. But in this scenerio, you can either drink a piping peppermint hot chocolate. Or you drink these. And on Christmas Eve to go along with a seafood dinner, there’s no contest. You definitely drink these.
These cocktails are full of all the flavors and sights of the season. You’ve got cranberries (again, obviously), glasses rimmed with sugar as a nod to snow and sparkle, champagne, and even festive sugared rosemary to garnish and remind you (or me in my twisted little Hallmark loving mind) of a snow covered pine branch.
Plus the cocktail is really easy to put together. The hardest part is making the cranberry simple syrup, which as the name implies is actually super simple. And after you drink it you’ll magically be transported to a little town full of Christmas enthusiasts where you’ll sing carols, frolic in the snow, and fall in love under the mistletoe.
Ok, I made that last part up. But you get the idea. And bonus if that actually happens.
Looking for other cocktails to try this holiday season? Try these:
Yields 6-8 servings
Serves 6-8 servings
Christmas Cranberry Champagne Cocktails are the perfect festive cocktail to serve this holiday season.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 bottle of champagne*
- 4 ounces of cranberry vodka
- 1 cup of cranberry simple syrup**
- 1 cup of cranberries to garnish
- sugared rosemary to garnish
- 4 splashes of Sprite or club soda
- Make the cranberry simple syrup by heating 1 cup of whole cranberries, 1 cup of sweetener or sugar, and 1 cup of water over low to medium low heat until sugar dissolves and cranberries begin to burst. Remove from heat and strain, reserving cranberries if desired. Let liquid chill in fridge for an hour prior to using.
- Add the cranberry simple syrup to a pitcher along with vodka, reserved cranberries (or can use new whole ones if desired), and champagne. Stir to combine.
- Dip the top of champagne flutes into water. Press the rim into sugar to garnish. Pour the drinks into the prepared champagne glasses, garnish with a splash of Sprite or club soda. Garnish with sugared rosemary. Make sugared rosemary by dampening rosemary and rolling in sugar.
*if you can't find cranberry vodka, use plain or vanilla vodka ** you could substitute cranberry juice cocktail in this. Use the cocktail kind for extra sweetness