No bake loaded peanut butter pie is an over the top, easy dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. The perfect silky, rich peanut butter pie with no cream cheese is made even better with a chocolate crust and lots of Reese’s Pieces.
Post may contain affiliate links. To read my affiliate policy click here.
Baking pie is great.
In the fall and winter, that is. Maybe even in early spring when it’s still cool out.
But once the weather warms up, you couldn’t pay me to turn on the oven.
This comes from living in an older house with no central air on the muggy East Coast.
Instead of forgoing pie, because really, who wants to do that, I like to make all kinds of no bake pies.
Like this gorgeous, delicious no bake loaded peanut butter pie. Why bake when you can refrigerator cook to equally delicious results?
And really this chocolate peanut butter is really delicious. EPICALLY delicious and also EPICALLY easy.
This whole slice of chocolate peanut buttery goodness comes together in less than 10 minutes. There are no hard to find ingredients in it and it doesn’t leave you with a mountain of dishes on top of the mountain of dishes the kids make. It dirtied 1 bowl and 1 spoon. And arguably, the spoon was licked clean at the end of those 10 minutes of prep time.
And did I mention it is totally delish? The peanut butter filling is light and fluffy- perfect for the hot summer months. I loaded in Resee’s Pieces and mini chocolate chips because they are my favorite. You could also add Resee’s cups too if you prefer. This pie is flexible. It gives you options, not orders.
Except for one order. It will order you to eat it and make you try your hardest not finish the whole pie in one sitting. I’m not telling you if I did or not. It’s my secret.
Ingredients and Kitchen Supplies
To make this you’ll need:
- Peanut butter– Listen up. This is not the time to choose a healthy, natural peanut butter. Go for a commercial peanut butter from Skippy, Jif, Reeses or the like. The natural stuff seperates and you’re gonna have a bad time if you use it for this. Also, go for smooth not chunky peanut butter here.
- Sweetened condensed milk– This will add sweetness and creaminess.
- Cool Whip– Makes the filling fluffy and sweeter.
- Mix ins– Listen, it’s not a loaded pie if you don’t trash it up with some candy! I like adding both Reeses Pieces and mini chocolate chips. You could also add chopped Reeses cups.
- Premade pie crust– I highly recommend an Oreo crust for this pie. You can normally find them ready made in the grocery store. You could also make a homemade one the way I do in this chocolate cheesecake.
- Whipped cream– For garnish.
Kitchen supplies to have on hand include:
- A mixing bowl and spoon or spatula
- Food processor– This is optional and only needed if you intend to make a homemade crust.
- Pie plate– Again, optional and only needed if you intend to make your own crust.
How to Make
Part of the beauty of no bake pies is that they are ridiculously easy to make. To make this particular one:
- Make the filling.
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk. Then, gently fold in the Cool Whip. When Cool Whip is thoroughly combined into the peanut butter sweetened condensed milk mixture, stir in half the Reese’s Pieces and the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into your premade pie crust. Top with the remaining Reese’s Pieces.
- Let it set.
For best texture, set in the fridge for an hour prior to diving in.
Top the pie with whipped cream and extra peanut butter and chocolate candies. Serve and enjoy!
What kind of peanut butter should I use in peanut butter pie?
Whatever you do, do not use any of the natural peanut butters that separate and need stirring before use. These peanut butters may separate in the pie filling and create a greasy unappealing layer.
I recommend using one of the creamy versions of the peanut butter from your favorite brand.
Tips and tricks
- This pie is so flexible! You can use any candies you like. It’s shown with Reeses Pieces but it would work with M&M’s, chopped Snickers or whatever else you could think of!
- If you don’t let you the pie set in the fridge, the filling won’t be as firm.
- For a smoother texture, omit the candy in the filling.
Other No Bake Pies You’ll Love
Want another sweet treat? Check out a few more of my favorite no bake pie recipes:
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Italian Cheesecake (no bake recipe)
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
Did you make this LOADED NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE or any other recipe on my site? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. And make sure you follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see everything we’ve got going on.
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of Cool Whip
- 2 cups of Reese's Pieces, divided
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 premade pie crust*
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. When Cool Whip is thoroughly combined into the peanut butter sweetened condensed milk mixture, stir in half the Reese's Pieces and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your premade pie crust. Top with the remaining Reese's Pieces.
- For best texture, set in the fridge for an hour prior to diving in.
*Use any kind of pie crust you like. I prefer a chocolate crust and to keep in gluten free, do a gluten free chocolate pie crust.