No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is the easy solution to your pumpkin pie craving. And since it doesn’t involve the oven at all, you can easily whip it up without sacrificing precious oven space over the holidays.
Post may contain affiliate links. As a member of the Amazon affiliate program, I may earn a small commision from qualifying purchases. To read my affiliate policy, click here.
There’s nothing I love more than a good cheesecake.
Except a cheesecake I don’t have to bake.
And maybe one with all the fall flavors I adore so much.
Say hello to this perfect piece of fall perfection- a no bake pumpkin cheesecake aka the dessert you need to be making the second the first whisper of autumn is in the air.
What is No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake?
Like the name suggests, No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake is a simple, creamy, and flavorful version of the popular dessert that you don’t need the oven to make.
And best of all, it’s really very easy to make. You can whip this up quickly before dinner and have the perfect dessert waiting for you when you are done.
It’s the perfect, cool cap to your Thanksgiving dinner or really anytime you are feeling like a cheesecake pumpkin pie.
Ingredients for No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
You’ll need some spices, cheese, and sugar to make this incredible no bake pumpkin cheesecake.
- Mascarpone cheese – My family prefers the mellow flavor of mascarpone cheese flavor, but you can use cream cheese for a bit of a more traditional tang to the cheesecake.
- Pumpkin puree – When you grab this, make sure you get the pure pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie can.
- Very cold heavy whipping cream – You really need to use heavy whipping cream here. If you use a lower fat dairy, your cheesecake can get runny.
- Honey – I prefer honey, but you could also use pure maple syrup for this.
- Powdered sugar – There is no great substitute for powdered sugar here. If you use granulated sugar, it will have a gritty texture, which no one will like.
- Spices – You’ll need a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to get that pumpkin spice flavor just right.
For the crust, you’ll need two additional ingredients. Don’t worry – you won’t have to bake it!
- Cinnamon Chex – In a pinch, you could use regular Chex. If you go that route, you can add in about a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and about a teaspoon of sugar.
- Butter – I recommend using unsalted butter so the crust doesn’t taste overwhelmingly salty. Also, make sure you melt it before using.
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Step 1 – Make the crust.
Add the cereal and melted butter to a food processor and mix until the texture is like coarse, damp sand. This should only take a minute or so. Once it is ready, press the mixture into the bottom of a spring form pie pan.
Refrigerate the crust for at least 30 minutes or until it feels firm and set.
Step 2 – Make the filling.
In either a stand mixer or medium sized bowl with a hand mixer, beat the marscapone cheese until it is light and fluffy.
Next, add in the cold whipping cream and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until it appears to have stiffened.
Fold in the pumpkin, David, (for all you Schitt’s Creeks fans out there), sugar, honey, and spice and beat until just combined.
Finally, pour the cheesecake filling into the spring form pan with the set crust and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours or until set.
Serve with additional whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Tips and tricks
- Be patient! This pie needs to set for about 2 hours minimum. Once it has, it will be a creamy, delicious treat.
- You can use a store bought crust if you like, but I find making this crust doesn’t take long and tastes better than the pre-made crusts.
- Don’t over mix the ingredients once the cream and cheese are ready. You just need to just combine them so the cheese and cream retain their airiness.
- You can use smaller pie tins if you like for individual servings. How many you get will depend on the size of the pie pans you use.
How to store No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This no bake pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect make ahead dessert. You can easily make it a day ahead of Thanksgiving, Christmas, or other gatherings.
To store, you can keep the pie in the original spring-form pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil or cling wrap. You could also place the whole tin in an air tight container, if you have a big enough one. Place the pie in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I do not recommend freezing the recipe. It will not defrost well. Believe me… I’ve tried.
Other no bake pie recipes you’ll love
Looking for other no bake pies to satisfy your sweet tooth while not firing up your oven? Try some of these tasty creations:
- No Bake Italian Cheesecake
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Stovetop No Bake Blueberry Pie
- No Bake Loaded Peanut Butter Pie
Did you make this brine for a turkey or any other recipe on my site? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. And make sure you follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see everything we’ve got going on.
For the crust
- 4 cups of Cinnamon Chex
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
For the filling
- 16 ounces of room temperature marscapone cheese*
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- To make the crust, add the cereal and melted butter to a food processor and process until the texture is like coarse, damp sand. Press into the bottom of a spring form pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Using a mixer beat the marscapone cheese until it is light and fluffy. Add in the cold whipping cream and beat for 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the pumpkin, sugar, honey, and spice and beat until just combined. Pour the cheesecake filling into the spring form pan. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set. Serve with additional whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired.
*You can sub out cream cheese for marscapone if desired. If you do, the finished cheesecake will have more tang.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 6g
These values are approximate