Mandarin Chicken Salad combines flavorful chicken with crunchy greens and chow mein noodles and sweet mandarin oranges. Mandarin Chicken Salad combines flavorful chicken with crunchy greens and chow mein noodles and sweet mandarin oranges. This take on popular orange chicken salad recipes makes a delicious and refreshing lunch or dinner.
- 2 grilled chicken breasts- I highly recommend this orange ginger Asian chicken
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped, or 1 large head of bibb, Boston or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 10 ounce bag of rainbow slaw mix or broccoli slaw
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated, or 1 15 ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup of chow mein noodles
- Creamy Orange Ginger Dressing or other dressing of choice
Slicing up 2 grilled chicken breasts that you’ve let cool.
Once you’ve got the chicken prepared, set it aside and move on to assembling the salad. To assemble the salad, rough chop 2 hearts of romaine or a head of iceberg or Boston lettuce. Put it in a big salad bowl. Top it with a 10 ounce bag of coleslaw mix and 4 mandarin oranges you’ve peeled and separated into segments or 1 large can of mandarin oranges that you’ve drained and rinsed. Add a quarter cup of slivered almonds and and a half cup of chow mein noodles. Toss everything together to combine.
Finish the salad by topping the salad with sliced chicken breasts and this creamy orange ginger dressing or your favorite store bought dressing. Enjoy!
Feel free to sub rotisserie chicken breasts instead of grilled chicken. You can also use any leftover teriyaki or other Asian inspired chicken breast in this recipe.
- Category: dinner, Asian inspired, salad
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: American, Asian
Keywords: Chinese chicken salad, mandarin chicken salad