This delicious balsamic tomato chicken pasta is a light, fresh pasta recipe for summer. With an easy cherry tomato pan sauce, this pasta recipe comes together in about 20 minutes. Summer dinner? Done.
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quarter
- 1 breast chicken cut into inch sized chunks
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon vodka*
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed**
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- fresh basil to taste
- Cut chicken into thin chunks or slices cutting horizontally across the breast.
- Place chicken, pressed garlic, and balsamic in bowl. Mix to combine and let sit. For richer flavor, marinade for minutes. However, if you are short on time, just marinade it while you heat up your pan.
- Boil water for the pasta according to directions on package. When water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions on package.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil. Let melt. Add in chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Add in vodka or white wine and garlic. Bring to a simmer, stirring consistently. Add in balsamic and lemon juice. Stir and let simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid mixture reduces by a third to half.
- While waiting for water to the liquid to reduce, quarter cherry tomatoes. Add the tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes, just enough time to let the tomatoes get warm and start to burst.
- Sprinkle on red pepper if desired. Stir in pasta and finish by stirring in Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve hot and top with additional basil and Parmesan if desired.
*Feel free to substitute for your favorite white wine
**Really add as much garlic as your heart tells you too. My little heart loves lots of garlic.
- Category: dinner
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: balsamic tomato chicken, chicken, pasta, tomato chicken, caprese, basil