Quick and Easy Bruschetta Pasta
Ever have nights where you just don’t feel like cooking but really want to eat something delicious? Happens here all the time especially on a day when Goose puts me through the paces and I’m a dishrag by 2 pm. I used to be a fan of going out for a quick dinner on those days, but have you ever gone out to dinner with a toddler that hasn’t napped and is teething?
Other torture methods have nothing on that. NOTHING.
So on days like that, when I’m beyond done, I want something easy and comforting. Enter this quick and easy bruschetta pasta.
I love this dish. It soothes the soul and makes bad days better. It could be the answer to world peace.
Ok, maybe not the world peace thing, but it is a big bowl of comforting delicious carbs bursting with sweet cherry tomatoes and subtly spicy garlic all topped off with basil. It’s summer pasta at its finest. Although it’s basically carbs, it still feels light and it’s the perfect meal to take outside and eat on the patio while sipping a glass of white wine. Feel the stress melting away already? I do.
And did I mention, the whole thing comes together in under 20 minutes. I managed to do that despite the train wreck of a child that was hanging off my leg the whole time I was cooking. Basically in the time it takes to boil water and cook the pasta, dinner is done. How’s that for quick? You could definitely make this on a busy weeknight when you are running around like crazy. Yet, it still is elegant enough to serve for an at home date night or even make for company.
Plus it’s super versatile and should appeal to almost anyone. As written, the recipe is vegan. You could totally top with cheese (we topped it with Parmesan) and it is still vegetarian friendly. Or if you desire, you could add shrimp or chicken to it and it would still be amazing.
And as for my cranky pants kid, she actually gobbled it up. There was only minimal whining, and the bowl of pasta actually didn’t wind up on her head or on the floor being licked up by the dog. Bruschetta pasta for the win!
Looking for other quick and easy pasta recipes? Try these:
- Lemon Spinach Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Pasta with White Bean Sauce
- Cheesy Chicken Ziti Skillet
- Easy Eggplant Rollatini Pasta
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 package of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta*
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to directions on the package.
- While the water is heating up, half the cherry tomatoes (or skip this step if really pressed for time).
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low to medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- As the tomatoes begin to cook, press the garlic cloves with a garlic press and add them to the pan.
- Pour in a cup of white wine and bring the whole thing to a slow simmer, stirring frequently to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the cooking water and add the pasta to the pan with the tomatoes. Toss in the sauce. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat and add the fresh basil. Serve and enjoy.
*I kept it gluten free and used Barilla gluten free thin spaghetti in this.