For the burgers
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken (shredded, deboned)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs*
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup mayo**
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- four slices of provolone, or mozzarella cheese
For the aoli
- the juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 cup of mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- De-bone and shred the chicken in small pieces. Put in the food processor along with the rest of the ingredients for the burgers minus the slices of cheese. Pulse until combined.
- Divide mixture into equal portions. Form into 4 patties.
- In pan or grill on medium-high heat, spray with nonstick oil or grease with olive oil. Sear both sides of the patties, cooking each side for about 4 minutes.
- Flip seared patties once more, add sliced cheese and melt over top.
- Serve on toasted or regular bun.
- For the Aoil
- Zest a lemon into a cup of mayo prior to squeezing the juice into the mayo. Whisk it together until smooth. Finish with salt and pepper.
* I used gluten free breadcrumbs but you can use regular bread crumbs if desired.
* I used the low fat mayonnaise, not mayonnaise dressing.