These no bake s’mores granola bars are a delicious, portable take on s’mores that don’t require a campfire to make.
Heck, they don’t even require an oven. All you need is a microwave and 5 minutes.
And some willpower not to eat all the mini chocolate chips and marshmallows. Why is it that mini candy tastes so good and is way more addicting than regular size candy? I mean I highly doubt that I would eat handfuls of regular sized marshmallows right out of the bag. But give me some mini marshmallows…. well the bag may not survive.
These no bake s’mores granola bars are another great use of a bag of mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. Plus, they feel semi healthy. I mean they do have oats in them. And Rice Krispies. So by that logic, not only are they healthy, they are practically breakfast. And if I eat them for breakfast, that means I could in theory feed them to the toddler for breakfast. And then the toddler might not shower the kitchen, living room, hallway, and universe in its entirety in Rice Krispy.
Serious, have you ever fed Rice Krispies to a toddler? It’s not pretty. A very wise friend once likened Rice Krispies to glitter. It’s true. They get everywhere! When we buy them and give them to her as a snack, while seated in her high chair, I find them in her diaper, down the hall, in the dresser drawers. I really can’t explain the Rice Krispy sorcery that the toddler so clearly performs. But let me just tell you, the Krispies manage to get stuck between the floorboards in the hardwood floor. Fun times.
But these S’more granola bars don’t get stuck in between the floorboards. Or at least they haven’t yet. They are chewy and sweet. The mini chocolate chips add the perfect amount of chocolatey goodness. And if you wrap them up in parchment paper or foil, they make a perfectly portable summer treat.
Looking for other no bake granola bars? Try my no bake peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars for another easy no hassle recipe.Print
- 2 1/2 cups of Rice Krispies*
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs*
- 3 cups of rolled oats*
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 1/2 cups of mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 4 cups of mini marshmallows and 3 tablespoons of butter. Microwave for a minute, or until the marshmallows puff up. Remove from microwave and stir.
- In another bowl, toss together the Rice Krispies, graham cracker crumbs and oats. Pour this mixture into the melted marshmallows and butter. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Let the mix start to cool. Then gently fold in the remaining mini marshmallows and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the entire mixture into a baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Let set for at least an hour prior to cutting into bars.
Keep the whole recipe gluten free by using gluten free Rice Krispies, gluten free oats, and gluten free graham crackers.
**The recipe above is for a 9×13 baking dish. To make in an 8×8 baking pan follow the same method but change the ingredient measurements as follows:
2 cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups of Rice cereal
½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chocolate chips
4 cups of mini marshmallows, divided
2 tbs butter
- Serving Size: 8