Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, this honey mustard chicken skillet comes together in about 30 minutes.
For the dressing/marinade
- 1/2 c dijon mustard
- 4 tbs honey
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
For the chicken
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- the prepared marinade
- 5 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary
- 1 tbs olive oil
For the veggies:
- 16 ounces green beans, ends trimmed off, and cut in half
- 1 cup of halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl, set aside.
- Put the chicken in a bowl. Toss with salt, pepper, rosemary, crushed garlic, lemon juice and the marinade. Let it marinade for 20-30 minutes but you can cook sooner if you are short on time.
- After the chicken has marinaded, heat a tbs olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans to a large cast iron skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Push to the sides of the skillet.
- Add the chicken and the marinade and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 minutes
- After 18 minutes, uncover and add the halved cherry tomatoes. Bake for 2 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest at room temperature for a few minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
pairs well with rice or potatoes
- Category: dinner
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey mustard chicken, honey mustard chicken and green bean skillet, honey mustard chicken skillet, chicken skillet