This easy Greek chicken recipe is a versatile dish that is the perfect main dish for dinner with a side of rice or pairs beautifully with a big salad. The simple marinade features Mediterranean flavors of lemon, garlic, red wine vinegar and lots of herbs.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half, or 4 chicken cutlets
- the juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c fresh parsley
- 1 tbs fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/2–2/3 c extra virgin olive oil
To make this, start by making the marinade. To make it, add the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and herbs to a food processor. Pulse until everything is well combined. Place the chicken in sealable bags or into a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and cover it. Let it rest for up to 30 minutes in the fridge. When the time is up, heat up a grill pan or skillet over medium-medium high heat. Cook the chicken for about 7 minutes per side or until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part.
Feel free to substitute chicken thighs.
- Category: meats and poultry, main dishes
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Greek
Keywords: Greek chicken breast, Greek chicken, Mediterranean chicken, lemon herb chicken,