Thai Chili Lime Noodles
I have been all about Thai food since I was pregnant with my daughter four years ago. While I look at my daughter and think she is probably made of magic and pixie dust, the truth is she is probably made of Thai food. I just love the combo of sweet and spicy and a little salty and that’s what these Thai chili lime noodles are.
These chili lime noodles are sort of like my vegetarian Korean vegetable noodles bowls. Lots of flavor, no meat, noodles, easy to make. But while they are similar, the taste is less salty and more sweet spicy.
These are one of those back pocket meals for me. It’s easy to make, takes under 20 minutes from start to finish, healthy, and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. Granted I have a slight Thai food obsession and tend to buy brown rice noodles and lime regularly. And I always have a bunch of fresh veggies, soy and siracha in my fridge.
Plus, it gives you options. Don’t want to use a pepper? Ok, cool. Use whatever veggies you like. Feel like having some meat? Great, no prob. Throw in some chicken or shrimp. Want to take it on a picnic? Awesome. These noodles taste fab chilled and there is no mayo to make you worry that it’ll get funky in the heat. Oh and if you wanted to make this heartier? You could definitely add a can of coconut milk and turn this into a soup kind of like I did here with this Thai vegetable soup. Or if you are watching your carbs, go ahead and omit the noodles and add double the zucchini.
See? Versatile. Flexible. Winning.
Oh! Also, don’t feel like you have to spiralize the zucchini or make carrot ribbons. I did that to make it super pretty, but you could just chop up all the veggies however you like.
These chili lime noodles don’t judge.
Looking for other Thai inspired recipes? Try these:
- Thai Sweet Potato Soup
- Sweet Garlic Chili Chickpea Salad with Roasted Broccoli
- Thai Pumpkin Curry with Butternut Squash
- Easy Thai Chickpea Curry
- Thai Vegetable Soup
- Thai Chicken Satay Skewers
Easy Thai Chili Lime Noodles with Vegetables make a perfect quick light lunch or dinner. Vegetarian and vegan and gluten free friendly.
- 2 bundles of brown rice noodles (4 ounces)
- 2 zucchini, spiralized or thinly cut
- 3 carrots, shaved or thinly cut
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 inch of ginger, grated
- 1 tbs soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tbs siracha*
- 2 tbs honey
- juice of 1 lime
- cilantro and scallions to taste
- peanuts (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, prepare the veggies by chopping, spiralizing or shaving. Set aside. Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the veggies, grated ginger and pressed garlic. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring. Add the soy, siracha, and honey. Cook until veggies are just a little soft and very fragrant about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cooked rice noodles and the lime juice. Toss together. Serve, garnished with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and scallions if desired.
Use tamari or gluten free soy sauce to keep it gluten free
If you don’t like spicy food, adjust the amount of siracha and use more honey. For mild, try 1-2 teaspoons of siracha and 3 tbs honey.
If you want to keep this vegan, use agave for honey.
Add whatever veggies you like. These are just a suggestion for what works well.
- Category: dinner, lunch, vegetarian
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 2 servings