Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Oven roasted garlic parmesan brussel sprouts are an easy and elegant side dish with big flavor. Packed with hints of lemon and a nice salty bite from the Parmesan cheese, this dish makes brussel sprouts the perfect side. This easy cheesy brussel sprout recipe would be a welcome side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This dish pairs nicely with roast chicken or turkey. However, those looking for a side dish for ham or roast beef could serve this dish as well.
I’m so into brussel sprouts. Is that a weird thing? Probably. Especially given that I came to really like them within the past few years.
Growing up? Not so much. I used to think they weren’t all that yummy. If this is you, you need to try this recipe for roasted garlic Parmesan brussel sprouts.
This recipe is so delicious. I should call it crack brussel sprouts because I just can’t stop eating them every time we make them. The flavors are just out of this world. The roasted garlic gives these brussel sprouts so much flavor but because the garlic gets roasted in the oven it isn’t too strong. The roasting mellows it out. The lemon juice makes these nice and bright.
You’ll see olive oil and butter in the recipe. I like to use a mix of both. I like the olive oil for its light fruitiness and the butter mixes nicely with the cheese to lend the dish some creaminess.
It makes this dish feel special enough for a holiday side dish. But these roasted garlic Parmesan brussel sprouts are easy enough for a side dish for any dinner, no holiday required. All you need to is half the brussel sprouts and combine some ingredients in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
Then boom, the yummiest brussel sprout side dish ever.
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Make sure to chop the flat end off of the brussel sprouts.
- Discard any yellowing outer leaves.
- Toss the halved brussel sprouts in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, 3/4s of the cheese and seasoning rather than adding these ingredients after the brussels are in the pan. It better distributes the ingredients.
- Try to choose brussel sprouts that are closed, rather than ones that opening when shopping for brussel sprouts.
Looking for Other Brussel Sprouts Recipes? Try these:
- Roasted Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts Pasta
- Parmesan Balsamic Chicken and Brussel Sprouts Skillet
- Balsamic Pomegranate Chicken Skillet
Looking for other Holiday Side Dish Recipes? Try these:
- Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary Butter
- Parmesan Garlic Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Apple and Pear Kale Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
- Maple Brown Butter Skillet Cornbread
- Gluten Free Cranberry Apple Crumble
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Yields 4 servings
Roasted garlic Parmesan brussel sprouts make the perfect side dish on your holiday table. Loaded with flavor, this easy side dish is deliciously addicting.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 12 ounces of brussels sprouts, with flat end trimmed off and chopped in half
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- While the oven is preheating, chop the flat ends on the bottom of the sprout off the brussel sprouts and chop them in half. Discard any yellow leaves. Place halved brussel sprouts in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter in small cubes. Add to the bowl with brussel sprouts. Add olive oil, lemon juice, pressed garlic, the grated Parmesan cheese and about half of the shredded Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Toss together to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Pour the brussel sprouts into a cast iron pan or casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Then sprinkle on remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy.