Garlic and herb roasted carrots are an easy, delicious side dish you’ll love. This makes the perfect side dish for roast beef, ham or chicken.
Post may contain affiliate links. To ready my affiliate policy, click here.
I’ve never met a veggie I didn’t like especially when it’s roasted with garlic.
And I can’t forget carrots. After all, roasted carrots pretty much kept me going for my first trimester with my boys.
They deserve all the love for that.
And because they are generally delicious and easy to make, they deserve even more love.
Roasting carrots brings out their sugars and flavors and turns them into a sweet and savory side dish that you’ll love.
Ingredients and Kitchen Tools
To make this easy side dish, you’ll need:
- Carrots– Two pounds of whole carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces. If you want to save yourself some prep work, you can absolutely use pre peeled, cut baby carrots.
- Olive oil
- Garlic– Fresh, pressed garlic works better here than dried garlic powder and gives you the best flavor but if you don’t have any you can use garlic powder.
- Herbs and spices– You can tailor the herbs to work with your mains. We are using salt, pepper, dried rosemary and fresh parsley.
Kitchen tools to have on hand include:
How to Make
- Prep the carrots.
Wash the carrots, then carefully peel them. Once they are peeled, cut them into equal sized pieces, roughly 1.5 inch long.
- Season them.
Put the cut carrots into a bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, pressed garlic and dried rosemary. Toss to evenly combine and pour onto a prepared cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Roast the carrots.
Roast the carrots in a 400 degree oven for 2o minutes. Sprinkle them with fresh, chopped parsley prior to serving. Enjoy!
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in a 300 oven on a baking sheet until warmed through. Drizzle on more olive oil if needed.
Tips and Tricks
- When you cut your carrots, the pieces might feel too big for you, but remember they will shrink as they roast! You want the pieces on the big side.
- Make sure you cut the carrots into relatively equal sized pieces.
- Feel free to switch out the herbs. You could use any other blend to compliment your main.
What to Serve With
This roasted carrot recipe goes well with so many things. They are a must with this ham with honey glaze. We also love these roast carrots along with these garlic and herb roasted red potatoes with this roast beef with apple cider gravy.
Other mains that pair well with these sweet and savory carrots include:
Did you make these GARLIC AND HERB ROASTED CARROTS or any other recipe on my site? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. And make sure you follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see everything we’ve got going on.
- 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- Prep the carrots. Wash and peel the carrots. Then, cut them into equal sized pieces, roughly 1.5 inch long.
- Season them. Put the cut carrots into a bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, pressed garlic and dried rosemary. Toss to evenly combine. Pour the carrots evenly over a cooking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Roast the carrots. Roast the carrots in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. The carrots should be browning and soft. Remove them from the oven. Toss them with fresh, chopped parsley prior to serving. Enjoy!
see post for notes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g