Easy Pumpkin Donuts
Happy official fall y’all!
It’s weirdly hot here in the northeast. Like so hot, that when we spent this weekend at the shore, my husband and I actually went swimming in the ocean. At the end of September. Weird.
Well, I still had to make it feel like fall. So to get my fall fix fast, I made these easy pumpkin donuts. And really they are easy. The donuts only need 4 ingredients. And the glaze is another 3. NBD at all.
You guys know I’m all about the semi homemade baking hacks, right? I love to take a box mix and make it more interesting like this Shortcut Bailey’s Cake with Bailey’s Chocolate Frosting or my Shortcut Boozy Kahlua brownies. That’s pretty much what the deal is with these easy pumpkin donuts.
I got the idea from a friend of mine. This friend helped kick off my pumpkin obsession. Because she has one too, and a love for all things Christmas. Many years ago back before Pinterest was a thing and a gateway to all things pumpkin, I was hanging out at her house when her kids were little, and she made two ingredient pumpkin gingerbread muffins with a can of pumpkin and a box of cake mix. Guilt free, she said, because there was no butter or oil but so good and dare I say- moist- because of the pumpkin.
Well, these donuts kind of take that concept of those muffins and put it in donut form. Except to keep it truly basic (no shame in my game), I used spice cake mix instead of gingerbread cake mix so you end up with perfectly pumpkin spiced donuts.
I started off thinking I could use only two ingredients, the cake mix and the pumpkin, but the resulting donut was too cakey and thick. So this needs a couple more ingredients: milk and eggs. The result? Unbelievably light cake pumpkin donuts full of so much fall flavor.
And the glaze? So easy. It’s powdered sugar, butter, and pumpkin spice coffee creamer. Because you can never have too much pumpkin spice.
Looking for other pumpkin sweets? Try these:
- Italian Style Pumpkin Cheesecake
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
- No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream with Caramel Walnut Swirl
Yields 15 donuts
Serves 15 donuts
Easy Pumpkin Donuts are sure to please every pumpkin lover this fall!
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 3-4 tbs pumpkin spice coffee creamer*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425. While the oven is preheating, stir together all the ingredients for the donuts until the batter is well combined. Spray a donut pan with non stick spray and spoon or pipe batter into the donut cavities. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and remove from donut pan.
- While donuts are cooling, combine all the ingredients for the icing, starting with 3 tbs of coffee creamer. Whisk together until the icing is smooth. If desired, add another tablespoon of creamer to thin the icing out to a more glaze like consistency.
- Dip the donuts into the icing and sprinkle with sprinkles if desired. Let icing set for about half an hour. Enjoy!
*Feel free to use milk or half and half in place of the pumpkin spice coffee creamer
Shop this recipe!