Easy pomegranate cranberry smoothies are the winter smoothie of choice! These cranberry smoothies pack tons of feel good ingredients into one easy to make, refreshing drink. Blend one up for breakfast today!
Post may contain affiliate links. To read my affiliate policy, click here.
Happy New Year! I hope you all had lovely holidays! My holidays were packed full of movie watching, cookie baking, and cheese eating.
I’m not kidding. I think I am a cookie. Or cheese. Maybe I am a two course meal consisting only of cheese and chocolate? Like the Melting Pot fondue.
So I really need some lighter fare in my life right now. Things like these easy pomegranate cranberry smoothies to get my day started off on the right foot. One of my goals this year is to actually eat breakfast. I often skip breakfast because I’m not hungry or I’m too busy. Then by lunch time, I am starving and miserable. So a quick smoothie is perfect for me.
Reasons to Adore Pomegranate Cranberry Smoothies
Gosh, I love these smoothies so much. I never knew I could feel this way about something that is so healthy. But I do, especially after all the heavy holiday food.
And I love them even more because they still have the yummy winter flavors. Pomegranate? Check. Cranberry? Check. Orange? Check. I love all these flavors. (See also pomegranate chicken skillet, cranberry almond granola, and cranberry orange chicken. These are some of my favorite winter foods!)
The tart sweet combo from the fruit makes the smoothies really easy to sneak in some veggies. I like to throw in a handful of kale or spinach into this and you can’t even taste it. My 5 year old has been enjoying these smoothies the last few days and has no idea she’s been drinking veggies. Major mom win.
Plus like most smoothies, you can customize them to fit your needs. Want them to have more creaminess and protein? Throw in some plain Greek yogurt. For just more protein, try some flax seeds in it. Looking for something more filling or to fuel a run? Add some oats. The sky is the limit!
Making the Best Cranberry Smoothies
Honestly, smoothie making is super easy. You pretty much just throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend it up. But I find a couple things key:
- Use a good blender! You don’t need a super pricey blender but I have to tell you, we bought a Ninja last year and I love it. The difference in how it blends versus the bargain blender is amazing. My old blender would sputter along and not evenly crush frozen fruits. My Ninja nicely blends up all the frozen things for an evenly mixed blender. This is key for smoothies and things like vanilla frappucinos.
- Add the frozen ingredients first. By adding the frozen ingredients first, you ensure that they are on the bottom of the blender and will get nicely blended.
- Customize! Like I mentioned before you can add any ingredient you like to make this smoothie fit your needs.
- Make sure you are using frozen, not fresh cranberries. I find them in my grocery store near the ice cream. If you can only find fresh cranberries, portion them out and pop them in the freezer. Can’t find fresh or frozen cranberries? I would use frozen cherries in place of them for that same tart flavor.
Other Delicious Smoothies I Love
I’m a huge fan of smoothies, particularly as the weather warms up. I particularly love these gorgeous cherry berry smoothies and my sunshine citrus berry smoothies. I also love my friend Kim’s pineapple mango smoothie. Yum!Print
Easy pomegranate cranberry smoothies are the winter smoothie of choice! These cranberry smoothies pack tons of good for you ingredients into one easy to make, refreshing drink. Blend one up for breakfast today!
- 1–1/2 cups of frozen cranberries (depending on how thick you like your smoothies)
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed kale (stems removed) or spinach (optional)
- pomegranate arils to top (optional)
Add the frozen cranberries to your blender. Pour on pomegranate juice and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Add your kale or spinach or any other mix ins if using. Blend again to combine. Enjoy!
You can adjust down the fruit if you want a thinner smoother or add more liquid.
- Category: drinks, breakfast, snack
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pomegranate cranberry smoothie, cranberry smoothie, pomegranate smoothie