This easy giant heart shaped chocolate chip cookie is a fun cookie cake for Valentine’s Day. Use your favorite recipe or shortcut it with premade cookie dough and learn how to put together this giant cookie.
Post may contain affiliate links. As a member of the Amazon affiliate program, I may earn a small commision from qualifying purchases. To read my affiliate policy, click here.
Some things are more fun in miniature, but not all things.
Take for example cookies.
Sure you could make mini poppable Cookie Crisp sized ones.
You could make a giant heart cookie.
Really show everyone you love them, you know?
This giant heart cookie is a festive take on the pizookie or cookie pizza or skillet cookie (whatever you want to call it) perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day.
My kids love it.
And I don’t mind making it because it’s actually easier than making a batch of chocolate chip cookies sine you are just pressing the dough into a pan instead of actually droppig out cookies.
Ingredients and Kitchen Supplies
To make this cookie cake, you need:
- Chocolate chip cookie dough– I’m shortcutting this and using a large premade roll of cookie dough. You could also make the dough from scratch if you prefer. For homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, I recommend using the recipe from my skillet chocolate chip cookie.
- Buttercream– You can use storebought if you prefer but I do make homemade vanilla buttercream for this because it tastes so good!
- Sprinkles– Optional but really highly recommended for maximum cuteness factor. I love any and all Valentine’s Day sprinkles on this.
You’ll also obviously need a heart shaped cookie pan. I am using the Wilton 10×2 inch heart decorator pan. You can buy it here.
How to Make a Giant Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
If you are making homemade cookie dough, make it now. If not skip ahead to the next step.
2. Press the dough into the heart pan.
Gently press the cookie dough into the pan so it evenly covers the bottom of the pan. It helps to use a measuring cup to press on the dough to even it out without making a mess of your hands.
3. Bake the cookie.
Bake the cookie for 14-19 minutes at 350. It is done when the center is set and the cookie is turning golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
Go crazy with the buttercream and sprinkles!
I piped buttercream around the edges with a star tip and made a buttercream heart with the star tip in the center of the cookie before I doused the cookie cake in sprinkles.
But this is the part where you (or the kiddos) can have fun and get creative so you do you boo-cakes.
Then dig in and enjoy!
If your crew doesn’t immediately devour the whole giant heart chocolate chip cookie, I recommend keeping the cookie in the heart pan and covering it tightly with foil. Keep it on your counter for up to 3 days.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to get the larger tube of cookie dough. I used a 30 ounce tube of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Want to make it even more interesting? Add half the dough to the bottom of the pan so it covers it completely, then stuff it with Nutella, Rolos, or peanut butter before topping the stuffing layer with another layer of dough.
- Let the cookie cool completely before you decorate it or else the icing will melt.
Other Cookie Recipes
Looking for other cookie recipes? Try these homemade cookies:
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Marbled Cut Out Pumpkin Spice Cookies (without puree)
- S’mores Stuffed Cookie Bars
- Brown Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
If you are looking for other easy ways to make store bought cookie dough better, check out these ideas:
- Store Bought Cookie Dough Hacks Stuffed Cookies
- Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough Hacks: Dipped Sugar Cookies
- Easy and Adorable Unicorn Sugar Cookies
- The Cutest St. Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
Other Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes and Ideas
Looking for other Valentine’s Day ideas? Try these:
- Homemade Chocolate Hearts
- Easy Candy Cane Hearts
- The Best Cute and Easy Sprinkles Sugar Cookies
- Kids Valentine Craft Printable Valentine’s Day Bee Craft
- Valentines Day puppy printables for kindergarten
- Bumblebee Mine Cookies
- DIY Twine Heart Craft
- Free Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages Valentine’s Day Gnomes
- Cute Valentines Gnomes Printables
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Did you make this GIANT HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE or any other recipe on my site? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you liked it. And make sure you follow along with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see everything we’ve got going on.
Easy Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie For Valentine's Day
This easy heart shaped chocolate chip cookie is a fun cookie for Valentine's Day. Use your favorite recipe or shortcut it with premade cookie dough and learn how to put together this giant cookie.
- 1 30 ounce tube of chocolate chip cookie dough or your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 batch of vanilla buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Press the cookie dough evenly out into the heart shaped pan, flattening and evening it out with a measuring cup if needed.
- Bake the cookie for 14 to 19 minutes or until the cookie is set in the center and lightly golden.
- Let the cookie cool completely- at least 30 minutes.
- While the cookie cools, make the vanilla buttercream.
- Once the cookie is cool, decorate with buttercream and sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
See post for notes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g