Easy 5 Ingredient Chicken Taquitos
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
Mmmm taquitos. These super easy 5 ingredient chicken taquitos are so good, you guys. SO GOOD and they require just 5 ingredients that you can find conveniently at Walmart.
Ready to shop for delightfully delicious Pace® products? Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
So, I know it’s football season and all and the rest of the world is excited about the sporting aspects of that. I’m just gonna be honest with you. I’m kinda like… meh.
Football isn’t a thing in my house. I have cared about football approximately once in my life, when I happened to be in Pittsburgh when the Steelers won the playoffs. I was sitting in a theater, ready to see a show, but the crowd let out a collective cheer at a few minutes before 8, when the house lights were still on and the atmosphere was positively electric.
Ok, and I care about getting invited to football events with food. Because let’s be honest there’s normally delish things like cheesy buffalo chicken dip or Asian barbecue wings or taco sliders. Well, now there are these 5 ingredient chicken taquitos.
I have a huge thing for taquitos. Like almost obsession, even though I only eat them like once a year. Once a year on Christmas Eve, after midnight mass, we go back to my dad’s house for a gift exchange at like 1 in the morning. Since it’s been so long since dinner, we do what any regular person does at 1 am. We eat snacks. And every year, my dad, being very skilled with a microwave, buys freezer taquitos and salsa. And every year, my siblings and husband polish them off in like 30 seconds flat. We tackle each other over them.
Which made me think, taquitos are the perfect football food. See what I did there? That was a killer segue, if I do say so myself.
And really these easy 5 ingredient chicken taquitos are so easy. You just need corn tortillas, a rotisserie chicken, Pace®, cheese, and olive oil. And because I like to give my family options, I made these taquitos in 2 varieties: I did a Pace® Salsa Verde chicken taquito and a Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium. You can get all of these things in one easy shop at Walmart and better yet, check out an awesome Ibotta® deal on Pace® products at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Since Pace® Salsas are so full of flavor, I didn’t need to use a bunch of spices to season the chicken filling. The salsa brought enough flavor to the party. Which was nice, given that my Goose likes to help cook these days. And by help, I mean dump in so much pepper that my eyes burn. Thankfully I didn’t even have to reach for it with this.
And we all ate them up and had so much fun dipping them in extra salsa. It brought this fun Christmas eve feeling to a football themed meal.
Easy 5 Ingredient Chicken Taquitos make a great football appetizer or snack!
- 16 corn tortillas*
- The meat from 2 rotisserie chickens, shredded
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups of Pace® Salsa Verde 24 oz. or Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium 24 oz.
- ¼ cup of olive oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, warm the tortillas according to directions on the package. Put the chicken, Pace® Salsa Verde, and about two thirds of the cheese in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of one corn tortilla and top with an extra sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Roll. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Repeat until the rest of the tortillas are filled and rolled. Brush with olive oil. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas begin to crisp up. Serve hot and enjoy with extra salsa for dipping
*You may have extra filling, depending on the size of your chickens. Feel free to use extra tortillas to use up the leftovers.
- Category: appetizer, snack
- Cuisine: Tex Mex, Mexican, American
- Serving Size: 16