Crock Pot Chili
It’s no secret. I am that girl that loves fall hard. I mean what’s not to love? There’s the cooler weather, the leaves, the colors, the pumpkin, and of course the crock pot. I get so excited for crock pot season. Seriously.
You know why? Crock pot food is going to be delicious. Because it’s almost always comfort food, and that’s amazing to me. And most of the time crock pot meals are so easy to make, with so little prep. Then there’s the fact that you can batch cook in a crock pot and make a huge serving of food like we did with this crock pot chili.
Now I’ll be honest, I can’t take credit for this recipe. This recipe is definitely my husband’s brainchild. He thinks in meat. Spicy meat. Is that weird?
I mean, I guess I can’t be too judgy. I think in cheese. And chocolate. And really, let’s be honest, in pumpkin. So you know, to each their own.
I wanted to get weird with the chili and add all kinds of girly foods to it or do it totally vegetarian. Don’t worry, if that’s your jam it’s coming. But my husband was adamant. He wanted to do his classic, spicy, hearty chili.
And you know, I have to tell you. It’s damn good. Not just good. It warrants the swear there. It’s rich, hearty, and perfectly spicy. It’s good to eat on it’s own or great to dunk some chips into, especially if you like to eat your chili the way I do, which is pretty much equal parts chili and cheese. It’s a good ratio. Don’t mess with it.
Thank goodness it’s so good. It was dinner 3 nights last week and a lunch one other day. It makes a lot of food, so it’d be perfect to serve if you were hosting a football party. Or it’s just perfect if you want to throw a bunch of things into a crock pot on Sunday night and have dinner made through Wednesday.
Which I mean, really who doesn’t want that? Even I want that and I run a food blog because I love to cook and eat. But meal planning is the absolute bane of my existence. I hate having the, “What do you want to eat this week?” conversation. And sometimes I hate trying to cram in dinner prep to our busy evenings. Because it’s just one more thing standing between me and my pillow at night and when dinner rolls around I’m often so done that I just can’t even.
Told you I was that girl.
Looking for other crock pot recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Bolognese Sauce
- Crock Pot Beef Burgundy
- Homemade Slower Cooker Chicken Soup
- Crock Pot Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup
- Crock Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal
Easy Crock Pot Chili is a hearty meal that is a snap to put together. Great with chips or by itself.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 28 ounces tomato purée
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 canned adobe peppers diced (omit to reduce heat)
- 1 small jalapeño peppers diced (omit for less heat)
- 4.5 ounces of diced chili peppers
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4–6 garlic cloves
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon powdered cayenne pepper
- 4 Tablespoons flour*
- 4 Tablespoons water
- Add all ingredients in crock pot except flour and water. Cook for 6-8 hours on low, stirring occasionally. About a half hour before serving, mix water and flour in separate bowl and then stir into the chili to thicken – if already thick, you can omit this step. Let cook for an additional half an hour. Garnish with cheese, cilantro, and sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
*Can use gluten free flour if desired.
- Category: soup, dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings
Shop this recipe!