Over the last several months, something has occurred to me as I have been writing this blog and creating recipes. My taste in food runs in extremes. I love girly food: vegetarian, healthy, trendy things like quinoa and kale and chickpeas. But as much I love girly food, I love football food. Give me a big plate of wings slathered in hot sauce and I am a happy lady. Bonus if it somehow incorporates cheese or burgers. So even though I don’t watch football, I bring to you my favorite game day food just in time for the yummiest Superbowl party ever.
Would you judge me if I made and ate all 10 of these recipes on Superbowl Sunday?
I hope not, because now that I’ve thrown it out there I might just have to do it. So without further ado here we go!
The 10 Best Game Day Foods
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken DipThis one shouldn’t come as a shocker. Buffalo chicken dip just screams football food. You have to eat it at a Superbowl party. It’s a rule or something. This cheesy buffalo chicken dip is as easy to make as the original recipe but doesn’t have any cream cheese. It’s made queso style and is so delicious. Recipe here.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries When I think football food, if I don’t think wings, I immediately think cheese fries. Because really CHEESE FRIES. I have a minor obsession with cheesy spuds. These loaded sweet potato fries are cheesy and loaded with nacho flavors. All while not doing too much damage to the waistline. Balance, you know? Recipe here.
- Easy Crock Pot Asian Barbecue WingsI didn’t know it was possible to wax poetic about wings… until I made these easy crock pot Asian barbecue wings. They are so unbelievably easy to make and holy cow (chicken??) does the house smell AH-MAZ-ING while they slow cook their way to delicious perfection. Recipe here.
- Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Cheese FriesBuffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Cheese Fries. Cheesy, delicious. Full of buffalo chicken. Do I really need to explain these more? Recipe here.
- Barbecue Beef NachosHomemade barbecue beef steps up these nachos. Nachos are one of nature’s perfect foods, right? Salty, spicy, cheesy. Hits me right in all the flavor feels. Recipe here.
- Grilled Buffalo WingsThese classic buffalo wings are even more delicious because of the smoky grilled flavor. They were a huge hit in our house. Even our toddler couldn’t get enough. Recipe here.
- Barbecue Beef SandwichesI’m back to the barbecue beef. This time in sandwich perfection. There really is nothing like homemade. Recipe here.
- Cheesy Southwest Taco SlidersThese little taco sliders are bites of burger perfection- on a chip. Mic drop right there. Recipe here.
- Chipotle Pumpkin Cheese DipI know, I know. Pumpkin may not immediately scream football to you, but trust me on this one. I promise you won’t regret it. This dip is so cheesy and spicy. Plus, there’s a little background of sweet from the pumpkin that just makes it out of the world good. Gobble it up with tortilla chips and try not to lick the bowl. Recipe here.
- Baked Crab DipMy football dips all have one basic requirement: cheesy. This easy baked crab dip fits the bill. Super cheesy. Super delish. Recipe here.