Beer Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Well hello there unofficial beginning of summer. It’s about time after the winter that just would not end. Even though winter just drug on forever this year, it still seems weird that Memorial Day is right around the corner. And Memorial Day means it’s the start of grill season which means one thing: burgers! Specifically beer cheese stuffed burgers.
Yes, I know. Again with the beer cheese. But it’s so good. It was just begging to be stuffed into a burger.
Well that’s what my husband thought anyway.
I can’t say I disagree. Because cheese stuffed burgers are amazing. And beer cheese? OMG obsessed. It has been on everything. Mac n cheese, Philly Cheesesteak Sliders and beer cheese queso. It’s so dippy and melty.
Technical terms there, but also perfectly capture the perfection that is beer cheese and the problem with putting beer cheese inside of burgers. How do you stuff a liquid into something?
The answer is make it a solid. Which in this case means first you make the beer cheese as normal and maybe you go ahead and dunk a few tortilla chips in there to taste it. You know for science.
Then you pour the beer cheese out onto a baking dish lined with wax paper and pop the whole shebang in the freezer for about an hour. Then you chop the frozen cheese into blocks and stuff that goodness inside the burger mixture.
When you cook the burgers, the beer cheese sort of infuses into the burger and might seep through to the surface in parts. But you’ll still get big molten bites of ooey gooey beer cheese in the center.
It’s the perfect, cheesy way to start the summer.
Looking for other burger recipes? Try these:
- Pineapple Barbecue Burgers
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Cheesy Taco Sliders
Yields 4 bugers
Stuffing beer cheese into burgers takes burgers to the next level with a molten cheese center.
1 hrPrep Time
20 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 tbs beer
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 6 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tbs ground mustard
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the beer, pressed garlic and cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and pour into a freezer safe dish lined with wax paper. Freeze for one hour or until frozen.
- While the cheese is freezing, mix together all the ingredients for the burgers together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Remove cheese from freezer and lift the wax paper out of the dish. Peel the wax paper off the frozen sheet of cheese. Cut the cheese into 9 squares. You will have some left over.
- Divide the burger meat into 4 sections. Take one section of burger meat and wrap it around a cheese square, forming a thick burger. Repeat with other sections.
- Sear the burgers for 2-3 minutes prior to flipping and searing on the other side. Finish off over indirect heat on a grill or in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Put burger on a bun, top with more cheese and red onion if desired. Enjoy.
You will have left over beer cheese. You could double up on the stuffing in the burger for super cheesy stuffed burgers.