Sweet garlic chili roasted chickpeas and broccoli make this salad anything but boring. Perfect for a big healthy dinner salad or meal prep lunches.
For the dressing/marinade
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbs siracha*
- 4 tbs honey
- 2 tbs soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tbs of sesame or olive oil
For the salad
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large head OR 2 smaller heads of broccoli, stems removed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cups of kale, big stems removed
- chopped peanuts (optional)
- cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- While oven is preheating, in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside. While the oven finishes preheating start cooking quinoa on stovetop according to directions on the package.
- When oven is preheated, prepare a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray. Pour chickpeas evenly over tray and toss with about 1/3 of the dressing and 2 pressed cloves of garlic. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Flip chickpeas over. Add broccoli to sheet and drizzle some more of the dressing over the broccoli. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- While veggies are roasting, chop the pepper and remove the the stems from the kale. Drain quinoa.
- When veggies are done assemble salads by adding a cup of kale to each bowl and topping each with equal parts of quinoa, roasted veggies, pepper, and cilantro and peanuts if desired. Top with extra dressing and enjoy.
*adjust the siracha to desired amount based on how much heat you like
Salad is good warm or cold. If making for meal prep to eat all week, add peanuts and dressing just prior to serving. Peanuts will get soggy in the fridge. Salads will stay good for 3-4 days in storage containers.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- Serving Size: 1 salad