End of Summer Harvest Pasta is a light vegetarian pasta recipe packed with summer vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, and fresh tomatoes.
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 10 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes*
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of spaghetti or linguine
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of mini mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake corn on the cob for 20-25 minutes at 400. Remove from oven, shuck and set aside until cool. Then remove kernels from corn.
- Chop all the veggies into more or less equal portions. Season liberally with salt and pepper and toss them together for even seasoning. Layer them in a large cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter evenly distributed. Add wine, lemon juice, and pressed garlic to veggies in skillet. Either cook on the stove top or grill until the veggies are soft or bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are fork tender. Remove from oven.
- While veggies are cooking, cook pasta according to the directions on the package. When pasta is done, pour veggie skillet over the pasta, and add the corn, parmesan, mozzarella balls, and fresh basil. Toss together and serve.
Omit red pepper flakes if desired.
Feel free to substitute veggies if desired. Do keep the corn though- it really adds sweetness to the pasta.
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings