Quick and easy bruschetta pasta takes the flavors of the classic Italian appetizer and puts them into a yummy spaghetti dish. This simple vegetarian pasta recipe comes together in 20 minutes, making it perfect for a fuss free dinner any night of the week.
- 1 package of thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta*
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to directions on the package.
- While the water is heating up, half the cherry tomatoes (or skip this step if really pressed for time).
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium low to medium heat in a large pan.
- Add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- As the tomatoes begin to cook, press the garlic cloves with a garlic press and add them to the pan.
- Pour in a cup of white wine and bring the whole thing to a slow simmer, stirring frequently to make sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the cooking water and add the pasta to the pan with the tomatoes. Toss in the sauce. Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat and add the fresh basil. Serve and enjoy.
*I kept it gluten free and used Barilla gluten free thin spaghetti in this.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Bruschetta pasta