- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts or other nuts of choosing (optional)
- 1/2 cup of creamy, natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (any variety you like- I used milk chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups of rolled oats with 1 cup of chopped walnuts and a pinch of salt.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat melt your peanut butter with the honey and add a teaspoon of vanilla. Continue to cook until the peanut butter mixture is a thick liquid consistency, stirring constantly. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Pour the peanut butter mix over the oat and nut mixture and stir together until clumps form. Pour the mixture over a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes or until the oats are lightly golden.
- Let cool, toss with chocolate chips and store in a container. Serve for breakfast over yogurt or with milk. Or enjoy dry any time as a snack!