Lemon and parmesan cheese add bright flavor to this comforting, easy to make lemon Parmesan chicken noodle soup.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped carrots (2–3 large carrots)
- 1 cup of chopped celery (2 stalks of celery)
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup of dry orzo
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium stock pot over medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until chicken starts to brown. Add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Add orzo and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Serve hot. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 serving