Delicious maple brown butter cornbread is a play on traditional sweet cornbread that is perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups cornmeal*
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour**
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of butter (12 tbs)
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together and then set aside.
- Cook butter in the skillet you intend to bake the cornbread in over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Let it melt, then cook another 2 minutes or so until the butter gives off a nutty aroma and turns a golden brown color, which you can check on a spoon. Pour butter into dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk, and syrup. Stir until batter is well combined. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake 18-21 minutes or until center comes out clean.
*If looking to keep this gluten free make sure all dry goods are gluten free
** Feel free to sub all purpose flour instead of gluten free flour.
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 slices