Loaded with bright flavors, appealing textures, and dressed in a tangy fresh Greek dressing, this lemony loaded Greek salad with hummus is the perfect vegetarian entree salad for dinner or lunch.
For the salad
- 2 heads of romaine hearts, chopped
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- 4 pitas, cut into triangles
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces of ricotta salata or feta crumbled
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 2.25 ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup of lemon or lemon pesto hummus
- Fresh oregano and lemon to garnish if desired
For the dressing
- 1/4 c of olive oil
- 1/8 c of red wine vinegar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and letting it sit for a few minutes for the flavors to combine.
Make the lemon pesto hummus according to instructions or use your favorite store bought hummus. Set aside.
Assemble the salad by gently tossing together the romaine, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and cheese. Top with hummus and pita wedges, garnish with lemon wedges and fresh oregano if desired. Serve with the red wine viniagrette.
- Category: salad, entree salad, appetizer
- Cuisine: Greek, American
Keywords: Greek salad, Greek salad with hummus, lemony Greek salad, loaded Greek salad