For the filling
- 2 cups of marscapone cheese
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
For the crust
- 3 cups of Cinnamon Chex
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until the cereal is ground up. The crust should just stick together in coarse clumps.
- Press the crust into a 9 inch pie dish, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until just golden.
- While the crust is baking, whip the marscapone cheese in a stand mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin, honey, eggs, and spices. Mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl down to make sure all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the baked crust.
- Fill an oven safe casserole dish half way with water. Place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Put the pie on the top rack and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is set.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door. Let the pie cool in the oven for at least two hours before removing from the oven and cooling on the counter for another 2 hours.
- Store uncovered in the fridge for up to 5 days and enjoy with whipped cream if desired.
- Category: pie
- Cuisine: dessert
- Serving Size: 8