An easy summer salad, this Italian cucumber tomato salad is a delicious light lunch or side dish. It pairs well with a crusty piece of bakery bread or any grilled entree.
- 1 cucumber, sliced with slices cut into quarters
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes
- about 2 tbs of diced sweet onion
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4–1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend*
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil for garnish
Slice the cucumber and cut the slices into quarters. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Add the cucumbers and tomatoes into a bowl with diced onion, pressed garlic, salt, pepper, and a quarter to half a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning blend. Dress with two tablespoons each of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Let sit for at least 10 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve alone or with crusty bakery bread.
Adjust the amount of Italian seasoning to suit your taste.
- Category: salad, vegetarian
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: cucumber tomato salad, Italian cucumber tomato salad, tomato salad, cucumber salad