Instant Pot Minestrone soup is a hearty vegetarian soup recipe you can make in a fraction of the time in your pressure cooker. Full of wholesome ingredients and fresh vegetables, you can feel good about enjoying this minestrone anytime.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6–8 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 2–3 white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 6 tbs of tomato paste
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning blend
- 1 cup of Ditalini (or other small) pasta
- 4 cups of kale with thick stems removed
- 15 ounces of canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of half a lemon
- Put the inner liner in the Instant Pot and turn on Saute mode. Pour in 3 tbs of olive oil and let it heat. When the oil is hot, add the diced onion, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetable until they start to sweat, 2-3 minutes, and the onions start to turn translucent. If needed, add a little bit of the broth to prevent sticking.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper, bay leaves and Italian seasoning. Cook for about a minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and the tomato paste, stirring well to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer
- Now add the diced zucchini and pasta.
- Hit cancel to turn off Saute mode. Secure the lid on the Pot with the vent set to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. When the Pot beeps, do a quick release to vent the steam.
- Remove the lid and hit cancel. Turn the Pot back on saute mode.
- Stir in the kale and white beans. Cook on saute mode until the kale wilts, about 2-3 minutes. Turn saute mode off.
- Finish by squeezing in the juice of half a lemon.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley if desired.
If you are planning on making this ahead of time, omit the pasta and add it separately just prior to serving. The pasta will soak up a lot of the broth.
If you have leftovers, store them in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Before reheating, you may need to add extra vegetable broth. If you add extra broth prior to reheating, you may want to add a pinch of extra salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Category: Soup, vegetarian
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: Instant Pot minestrone soup, minestrone soup recipe, Instant Pot vegetable soup recipe