Goat Cheese Flatbread with Honey Balsamic Cranberries and Pomegranate makes the perfect appetizer for easy holiday entertaining.
- 1 large flatbread crust
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- 1/2 tbs of fresh rosemary chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese shreds
For the honey balsamic cranberries
- 8 ounces of fresh of cranberries
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of honey, divided
To assemble flatbread
- 1/4 cup of Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese
- arils from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tbs of fresh rosemary chopped, plus 3 whole rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary into a small bowl. Brush onto the flatbread crust using a pastry brush. Place directly onto an oven rack and bake the crust for 8- 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the crust. Sprinkle on the cheese and bake for an additional 2-4 minutes, just to melt the cheese. Remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, combine the cranberries, balsamic vinegar, and half of the honey in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, until the cranberries just plump and barely burst. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and stir in rest of honey.
- Spoon the cranberries evenly on the crust while they are warm. Sprinkle additional goat cheese on top. Finish by evenly sprinkling on walnuts, pomegranate arils and rosemary. If desired, top with whole fresh rosemary sprigs and drizzle with a touch of extra honey.
- Category: appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 8 slices