Delicious, healthy roast sweet potato salad has a bit of a southwest kick with honey lime vinaigrette, cilantro, black, beans and corn. Gluten free and vegan friendly.
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 can of black beans (about 1.5 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of sweet corn, cooked
- 1 avocado
- the juice of 1.5 limes
- 4 tbs of olive oil, divided
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup of loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Toss the cut sweet potatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil and salt, pepper, and chili powder. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick spray and cover with foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Then remove from heat and let cool.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, chop the tomatoes and rinse and drain the black beans and chop the herbs. Pour into a big bowl along with the corn and cooled sweet potatoes.
- Pit and dice the avocado. Toss it with the juice of half a lime. Add to the bowl with the rest of the veggies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and remaining lime juice and olive oil. Pour over the veggies.
- Serve immediately or store covered in the fridge and serve for the next 3-4 days.
- Category: Salad, lunch, side dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings