Easy Thai Chickpea Curry
- 2 cans of coconut milk- about 3 and 3/4 cups
- 4 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste*
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs of tamari or soy sauce**
- 2 15 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 package of brown rice noodles***
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Cook the rice noodles according to instructions on the package. Set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Lightly heat the curry paste for a minute or two. Add the coconut milk and sugar, stirring to thoroughly incorporate the curry paste. Bring the coconut milk up to a slow simmer. Add the chickpeas and allow them to simmer in the coconut milk for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the tamari sauce and lime juice. Serve over rice noodles and garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
*Thai red curry paste is spicy. Adjust the amount to suit your spice level. This curry was somewhere between medium and medium hot.
**Use tamari to keep it gluten free.
***You could substitute white rice noodles or quinoa if desired.
- Category: lunch, dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 6 servings