Easy Sea Salt Chocolate Truffles
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of good quality milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- La Baleine Kosher sea salt*
- In a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the butter, chocolate chips, vanilla, and heavy cream. Stir until the chocolate is just melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until combined.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1.5 hours or until set.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Using a melon baller, scoop out balls from the chocolate mix and roll in the cocoa powder. Finish by sprinkling with sea salt. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
*dust in salt to suit your taste. I used about a tablespoon over all the truffles.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 12 to 18