- 1 pound of shrimp, precleaned
- 1 pound of asparagus, cut into thirds, with the white stalk removed
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of white wine
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 5–6 cloves of garlic
- the juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 pound of pasta- spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the asparagus, seasoning with salt and pepper and crushed garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the pepper and cook 2-3 additional minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook approximately 90 seconds. Add the wine and the lemon juice, bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. At this time the shrimp should be pink on both sides.
- Pour the shrimp and vegetables over the drained pasta, tossed with parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley.
I used gluten free spaghetti, but substitute whatever pasta you prefer.
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 6