Move over Maine Lobster rolls. These buttery Connecticut lobster rolls are a delicious savory treat that scream summer. Featuring sweet, tender shellfish and loads of drawn butter, this sandwich is sure to please.
- 32 ounces of lobster meat (we used lobster tail because that’s what is available in our grocery store but you can use a mix of claw meat and lobster tail)
- 4 soft good quality hot dog buns
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Once you’ve cooked the lobster, remove the meat from the tails and cut it up into pieces. Melt a stick of butter in a medium pan and gently toss the lobster tail with the butter. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice if you choice.
While the butter is melting and you’re tossing it with the lobster, warm the the buns either by grilling them on a hot grill pan or warming in the oven. Melt the remaining butter by microwaving in a microwave safe dish for 30 seconds. Brush the rolls with the melted butter. Then fill them to the brim with buttery lobster filling. Serve warm.
- Category: dinner, sandwich, seafood
- Method: saute,
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Connecticut lobster roll, lobster roll without mayo, lobster roll no may, buttery lobster roll