Delicious and easy buttered balsamic blistered tomato pasta comes together in 15 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal. It feels elegant enough for date night or easy summer entertaining. The perfect pasta to eat outside on the patio.
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quarter
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup of sherry, white wine, or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- fresh basil to taste
- Boil water for the pasta according to directions on package. When water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions on packages.
- While waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook, quarter cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil. Let melt. Pour in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Add in wine, sherry or broth and garlic. Bring to a simmer, stirring consistently. Add in balsamic and lemon juice. Stir and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle on red pepper if desired. Stir in pasta and finish by stirring in Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve hot and top with additional basil and Parmesan if desired.
- Category: pasta, dinner, vegetarian
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 2 ounce of pasta and half the sauce