Buttered Balsamic Blistered Tomato Pasta
Disclosure: Bialetti sponsored this post. All content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I’ve been on a real tomato kick recently. I put them in everything. I’ve been eating caprese salad on the reg. And all the tomato pasta. Bruschetta pasta obviously because it’s a summer classic. And now this buttery balsamic blistered tomato pasta. I CAN’T STOP. I’ve eaten for dinner 4 times in the past week.
Maybe it’s a pregnancy craving. Or maybe it’s because summertime tomatoes are the best. I just can’t get enough. Like if I don’t eat tomatoes every day from now until September there may be serious consequences. I’m not willing to take my chances.
I especially love cherry and grape tomatoes. Maybe because they are miniature and cute. Maybe because it’s a serious texture thing for me. But I either way, give me all your cherry tomatoes and no one gets hurt.
This pasta is to die for. It doesn’t have a lot of ingredients but each ingredient is crucial. They all have a role in making this so perfect.
It’s creamy and rich from the butter, olive oil, and parmesan but not in an over the top alfredo kind of way. More just like a nice velvety mouth feel. Not like a hearty winter pasta but a little something to give it body.
And the balsamic and the tomatoes? YES. So sweet and perfect. Like the epitome of summer on a plate.
The lemon? Freshness. Brightness. Almost like a little bit of summer sparkle added in to top off the gorgeous summer cherry tomatoes.
And the garlic? Well obviously flavor. It’s only two cloves so it’s not a ton of garlic. Pregnant me wouldn’t be able to handle too much garlic.
The basil is the veritable icing on the cake. Goodness and freshness. Added summer flavor sprinkles.
And the best part? This meal comes together in under 15 minutes and you need one pan and one pot. I just received this gorgeous set of Bialetti ceramic cookware and this was the perfect recipe to try it out. I boiled the pasta in the 6 quart dutch oven and used the covered deep saute pan to saute my tomatoes and bring the sauce together in.
The set is beautiful to look at and so far seems to heat evenly and clean easily. I also love that you can transfer this cookware to an oven at temperatures up to 400 degrees.
Makes it super versatile. For more information check out Bialetti here.
And then make this pasta and go pull up a chair on your patio and pour yourself a summer sangria or a mocktail for my fellow preggos and enjoy this taste of summer in a bowl.
Looking for other summer pasta recipes? Try these:
- Quick and Easy Bruschetta Pasta
- Brown Butter Lobster Pasta
- Pea Pesto Pasta with Burrata
- Lemon Spinach Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Delicious and easy buttered balsamic blistered tomato pasta comes together in 15 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal. It feels elegant enough for date night or easy summer entertaining. The perfect pasta to eat outside on the patio.
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quarter
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup of sherry, white wine, or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- fresh basil to taste
- Boil water for the pasta according to directions on package. When water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions on packages.
- While waiting for water to boil and pasta to cook, quarter cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter and olive oil. Let melt. Pour in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Add in wine, sherry or broth and garlic. Bring to a simmer, stirring consistently. Add in balsamic and lemon juice. Stir and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle on red pepper if desired. Stir in pasta and finish by stirring in Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve hot and top with additional basil and Parmesan if desired.
- Category: pasta, dinner, vegetarian
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- Serving Size: 2 ounce of pasta and half the sauce