Zesty buffalo chicken burgers from leftover chicken are a crowd pleasing favorite.
- 1/2 Rotisserie (or leftover roast) chicken- about 1 1/2 cups chicken meat total
- 3/4 cup hot sauce*
- 1/4 milk or half and half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs**
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper to taste***
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Form into equal patties and cook for 3 minutes per side over medium heat on the stove top or on a grill.
- If desired, melt slices of cheddar cheese on top. Serve on buns and garnish with extra hot sauce and blue cheese or ranch dressing.
*Substitute in mild wing sauce if you don’t care for spicy food.
**We keep it gluten free as much as possible in our house and used gluten free bread crumbs. The recipe works just fine with regular bread crumbs as well.
***Feel free to omit the red pepper if you don’t like heat.
- Category: dinner, sandwiches, meat and poultry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5
Keywords: buffalo chicken burgers, buffalo chicken burger recipes