Chewy, luxurious brown butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are an addictive take on oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats*
- 1/2 cup oat flour**
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until it turns golden brown and smells nutty. This takes about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cream the egg with both sugars and vanilla. When the egg and sugar mixture is thoroughly combined, slowly mix in your browned butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat until just combined.
- Cover the dough and let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the dough has chilled, remove from refrigerator and roll into 24 equal sized balls. Place them about 3 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 for 8-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
*To make these cookies gluten free, use gluten free oats. I like Bob’s Red Mill.
**I also suggest Bob’s Red Mill for gluten free oat flour. You can substitute regular all purpose flour for the oat flour. I prefer the extra earthiness from the oat flour.
- Category: cookies
Keywords: brown butter oatmeal cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brown butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies