Easy and elegant brown butter lobster pasta
- 2 lobster tails
- 1 package of spaghetti or linguine*
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup of white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the lobsters down the center of the top of their shells to slightly butterfly it. Place in an oven safe pan and squeeze on lemon juice. Divide 2 tablespoons of butter into chunks. Put butter pieces on top of each lobster. Crush one garlic clove onto each lobster. Cover with tinfoil and roast in the oven at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until the lobster meat is opaque and white.
- While the lobster is in the oven, boil the pasta according to directions on the package. While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Once the butter melts, stir consistently. Brown bits should form and the butter should turn a deep golden brown and smell nutty. When this happens, add 1 cup of white wine and 3 crushed cloves of garlic. Let cook for about two minutes, stirring consistently. When pasta is done, add the pasta to the sauce pan. Add chunked lobster meat and drippings from the pan that the lobster was roasted in. Finish with fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and Parmesan cheese.
*We used gluten free spaghetti
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: Italian, seafood
- Serving Size: 2 large dinner portions or 4 side dishes